Wayne Static of Static-X overdosed on Oxycodone and alcohol, says coroner
Wayne Static, the frontman of the heavy metal band Static-X, overdosed on a mix of alcohol and prescription drugs, said the San Bernardino County Coroner’s Office.
Wayne was found dead in his bed (beside his wife) last November 1, 2014. He was 48.
The San Bernardino County Coroner’s Office says toxicology results showed a fatal combo of prescription meds — Oxycodone (generic Oxycontin), Hydromorphone, and Alprazolam (generic Xanax) — along with alcohol.
The Coroner also said years of chronic drug and booze abuse played a factor.
Don’t do drugs kids!
Bobbi Kristina Brown’s boyfriend Nick Gordon admitted to Dr. Phil last week that he has been abusing alcohol and Xanax. Thankfully he is now in rehab.