Chyna Was Planning a Return to the Ring Before Accidental Overdose Says Manager
“Chyna died from an accidental overdose that took place over a period of about three weeks of her unintentionally and inappropriately handling two legally prescribed, prescription medications,” explained Anzaldo to the Associated Press.
According to Anzaldo, Chyna (real name Joan Marie Laurer) was eight months into filming a documentary that would culminate in her return to the ring called The Reconstruction of Chyna.
“The goal was she has to go in gets her health, she triumphs, she wins. That was going to be her Rocky ending to this amazing documentary.”
Unfortunately, filming dredged up a lot of emotional trauma related to domestic violence and abandonment issues, leading to weeks of self-medicating with Ambien and Valium.
“So it was getting a little bit intense for her and she probably was just inadvertently taking her meds a little bit inappropriately. Once we found out that was happening, we knew that there was a problem, and four days later she was gone.”
The Los Angeles County coroner’s office is still awaiting toxicology reports before announcing the official cause of death.