Chipotle Guacamole Recipe Revealed – It’s So Easy!
We all know that guac is extra at Chipotle, so they kindly shared the recipe to the world for those of us who prefer to have their guacamole at home, perhaps for Cinco de Mayo.
It looks so easy to make!
THIS IS ALL YOU’LL NEED:
• 2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
• 2 tsp lime juice
• 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
• 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
• 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
I wonder if this is better than Jack White’s famous top-secret guacamole recipe!
Time to buy some avocados…