Wentworth Miller has come out as gay in a letter to the St. Petersburg International Film Festival.
I am so happy right now.
Wentworth Miller Letter to St. Petersburg International Film Festival
August 21, 2013
Re: St. Petersburg International Film Festival / “Guest of Honor” Invitation
Dear Ms. Averbakh:
Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes.
However, as a gay man, I must decline.
I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government. The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly.
Perhaps, when and if circumstances improve, I’ll be free to make a different choice.
Member, The ManKind Project
The Latest on Wentworth Miller
- Wentworth Miller reveals he tried to kill himself at age 15 – Video
- Wentworth Miller comes out as gay
- Wentworth Miller to appear on House
- Simon Cowell Running out of Steam, The Men in Green, Crazy Chicago Crime, and Oprah’s Long Lost Father – Gabe’s Weekend Update – 04/18/2010
- Prison Break — Rate of Exchange / Killing Your Number
All posts on Wentworth Miller