NEW YORK, NY – January 16, 2013—The BET premiere of REAL HUSBANDS OF HOLLYWOOD debuted Tuesday night to a total of 4.1 million viewers during its 10:00 p.m.* premiere. When combined with its 11:00 p.m. encore, the premiere episode attracted 6.5 million total viewers. Another new series, SECOND GENERATION WAYANS debuted at 10:30 p.m. pulling in 3.4 million total viewers. When combined with its 11:30 p.m. encore, the premiere episode attracted 4.7 million total viewers. All told, BET’s entire Tuesday night scripted block drew over 11 million total viewers!
REAL HUSBANDS OF HOLLYWOOD is now the #1 sitcom premiere telecast on cable this season among households, all viewers and adults 18-49 and a top 3 sitcom debut in cable TV history among adults 18-34, only behind BET’s sitcom debut of The Game season 4 (#1) and LET’S STAY TOGETHER season 1 (#2).
SECOND GENERATION WAYANS debut at 10:30 p.m. is the #1 Tuesday cable original series telecast in its time-slot this season among all adults 18-34, adults 18-49 and women 18-49, delivering triple and double digit timeslot gains. And, SECOND GENERATION WAYANS is also the #2 sitcom premiere on Cable this season behind the REAL HUSBANDS OF HOLLYWOOD series debut.
Digital highlights include:
· The premiere of REAL HUSBANDS OF HOLLYWOOD was the 2nd most social show on TV with engagement of close to half a million. (source: Social guide)
· Traffic to BET.com on the day of the premieres of REAL HUSBANDS OF HOLLYWOOD and SECOND GENERATION WAYANS doubled as compared to the day before. (source: Omniture)
· Traffic to REAL HUSBANDS OF HOLLYWOOD and SECOND GENERATION WAYANS content tripled on the day of the premieres as compared to the day before. (source: Omniture)
· Our hashtag #RHOH was the #1 Trending Topic worldwide on Twitter (source: Trendrr)
· The premiere of SECOND GENERATION WAYANS was in the top 10 most social shows on cable (source: Social Guide)
· Over two million people have come to BET.com to look at content for these two shows.