Paula Deen has fired her legal team! A source from People says that Paula thought “the previous attorneys were out of their depth.” Ouch. Looks like she is blaming everyone but herself!
The drama around Paula Deen continues.
Nearly a week after parting ways with her longtime agent Barry Weiner, the southern cook has decided to cut ties with the legal team of the firm Oliver Maner. The team was defending her against the civil lawsuit filed by Lisa Jackson, a former manager of Uncle Bubba’s Seafood and Oyster House that Deen co-owns with her brother, Bubba Hiers.
A source close to the Deen family says “she and her team decided the previous attorneys were out of their depth.”
Instead, Deen has hired Grace Speights, a Washington, D.C.-based partner in Morgan Lewis’s Labor and Employment practice.
The Latest on Paula Deen
- Miley Cyrus, Dennis Rodman Make GQ’s Least Influential Celebrities of 2013 List
- E! to Premiere ‘True Hollywood Story’ on Paula Deen
- Paula Deen – Discrimination Lawsuit Dismissed After Settlement
- Paula Deen – Race Discrimination Charges Thrown Out By Judge
- Oprah admits reaching out to Paula Deen during N-word controversy – Video
All posts on Paula Deen