Macaulay Culkin Has a Pizza-Centric Velvet Underground Cover Band
What happens when you mix pizza and the Velvet Underground? You get Macaulay Culkin‘s cover band the Pizza Underground.
According to the band’s website (where you can buy their 8-minute medley), the single was recorded live at Culkin’s house on November 11, with Culkin on percussion, kazoo and vocals.
Vocals being lines like like: “It’s such a pizza day / I’m glad I spent it with food.”
Still another band member plays the pizza box and another the glockenspiel.
Songs on the medley include:
- “Papa John Says” (based on “Stephanie Says”)
- “I’m Beginning to Eat the Slice” (based on “Beginning to See the Light”)
- “Pizza” (based on “Sweet Jane”)
- “I’m Waiting for Delivery Man” (based on “I’m Waiting for the Man”)
- “Cheese Days” (based on “These Days”)
- “Pizza Day” (based 0n “Perfect Day”)
- “All the Pizza Parties” (based on “All Tomorrow’s Parties”)
- “Pizza Gal” (based on “Femme Fatale”)
- “Take a Bite of the Wild Slice” (based on “Walk on the Wild Side”)
You can check out their hilarious demo below.
Merry Christmas you filthy animal. And a happy new year.
Showbiz News from our Partners
Got Something to Add?
@mechamelissa should of named the band "THE WET BANDITS"
@yrchmonger This is the best thing I've ever seen.
@yrchmonger WAIT WHAT, HE'S IN THAT BAND!?!?! I SAW THEM PLAY OPEN MIC NIGHT AT SIDEWALK CAFE A FEW WEEKS AGO.
@MarioPrime That was their first and only show so far! You saw Macaulay Culkin and didn't even know it!
@yrchmonger I AM BAFFLED.