Hillary Clinton erupts at Ron Johnson at Benghazi hearings – Video
Go Hillary!!! Outgoing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton fired back at Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) today during the Benghazi attack hearings — after the senator accused the Obama Administration of misleading the public.
To further demonstrate how out of touch and obsessed with political posturing the GOP is, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) called the attack the “worst tragedy since 9/11.” Excuse me, where has this guy been for the last decade?
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Wednesday fired back at Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) over accusations that the Obama Administration misled the public by claiming the Benghazi attack was the result of a spontaneous protest. Johnson pressed Clinton on why the State Department didn’t talk to the U.S. diplomatic staff evacuated after the attack, to get clear information about what happened.
“Senator, when you’re in these positions, the last thing you want to do is interfere with any other process going on,” Clinton said, adding that the State Department was waiting for the FBI to finish conducting interviews.
“I realize that’s a good excuse,” Johnson responded.
“Well, no, it’s the fact,” Clinton said. “Even today, there are questions being raised. We have no doubt they were terrorists, they were militants, they attacked us, they killed our people. But what was going on, and why they were doing what they were doing, is still, is still unknown.”
Showbiz News from our Partners
Got Something to Add?
1. The Administration DID mislead the public by saying something they clearly knew was not accurate 5 days and more after the event. Would you react the same way if it were a Republican on the hot seat, my guess is no.
2. In an interview that has gotten little coverage by any media after the session Johnson went on to say that he thinks Clinton is working hard to find out what happened and commended her for her efforts. (The interview was on WTMJ radio in Milwaukee).
3. Because each Senator is limited to 5 minutes of questioning they are virtually forced to interrupt in order to get to the point they are trying make.
4. Clinton never did answer his question
5. Whether is was preplanned or just a bunch of people "out for a walk" makes a HUGE difference in how you respond. I know it was a good sound bite for Clinton, but she contradicted herself in the next statement by going on to say we need to find out what happened so that we can prevent it in the future.
Name calling doesn't change the facts.
Four Americans were murdered and they were not given the protection requested. If this had happened under Bush and Condi Rice, you'd have been foaming at the mouth. People would be demonstrating in hearing rooms with hands covered in fake blood. No wait... that actually happened.
Running around with partisan blinders on does not help America.
As to what I watch or don't watch...I don't watch Fox, nor do I watch MSNBC, nor CNN on a regular basis. I get my news from a variety of sources and was, in fact, listening to the testimony while Johnson questioned Clinton.
As to referencing an AM radio station in Milwaukee...it was the station he was on, after all he is the Senator from Wisconsin.
Now if you want to debate whether the administration intentionally misled the public I am more than willing to discuss that with you.