American Idol 12 – Elimination Order Prediction
It’s that time of year again when we predict the American Idol elimination order! A lot of fans think that a girl will win this year and that the producers have rigged the competition to produce a female winner finally after 5 years. Will it happen?
In the past I’ve used many methods to come up with this list (crowd-source, voting, etc) but this season, I’ve decided to just use my brain and think. The one problem we face is the possibility of the judges’ save, so we can’t really have a “normal” prediction order. I’ve just added a couple of names who I think the save will be used on this year and ranked the contestants the way I see best.
Here’s my prediction order with some notes:
10. Amber Holcomb
Amber could go out 8-10 and I think she will be in the Bottom 3 for sure in the first week. There isn’t much wiggle room for her specially with Candice Glover taking the spotlight from her. She needs to nail her first performance to buy herself a couple of weeks of TV time.
Like Amber, I see Burnell going out 8-10. Again, just not much room to maneuver given that Curtis Finch Jr is getting the “great singer” edit. I don’t see Burnell visiting the Bottom 3 often, but when he gets Bottom 3, he’ll be out.
8. Devin Velez
Devin could go out 8-10, and in fact he may be a surprise first elimination. I just got David Hernandez flashbacks with Devin. If Devin sings in the middle of the pack this week, I think he’s gone. I’ve placed him higher than Amber and Burnell because I’ve enjoyed his Spanglish performances on the show and want more (but not too much).
7. Lazaro Arbos
Lazaro will be in the Bottom 3 almost every week. But we will vote for him until our fingers can’t do it anymore and when Lazaro’s time is up. #7 is also the time that the judges’ save starts looming so we might see some weirdness at this point in the competition. Basically I just don’t see Lazaro leaving early or making it too far, so this position seems about right for him.
The fact that she’s in the Top 10 means that Janelle won’t go out early despite some bad performances in the semi-finals. She’s classic cannon fodder that makes it to the middle of the finals in order to prop up the better singers or to produce a shocking result.
The only person that I see the judges using the save on is Kree Harrison. I think she’ll make a visit to the Bottom 3 early (maybe 9 or 8) and then when she gets voted off mid-finals, they will save her. Other possibilities are Candice Glover and Paul Jolley but my money’s on Kree.
I’m actually upset that I’m putting him this high, but he’s been getting the “great singer” edit and those singers normally end in the top half of the finals. By the time he reaches this point, everyone will be so sick of his face on TV, we will all be relieved and say amen.
4. Angie Miller
Angie is the front-runner so that adds some doubts in my mind that she will win. My only issue is how they will use her as a shock elimination. If there’s a judges save it makes things complicated, but landing at #4 would be shocking enough I think.
Placing this high will be Candice’s reward for bringing the black female diva back on American Idol. She won’t win, but she will place high, like they always do on this show.
I think Kree has a great chance of winning — [highlight]her name alone is a star’s name[/highlight] – but it’s really hard to form a critical mass of fans around a female singer. She also seems old-fashioned which doesn’t help her case. I expect the show to try really hard though to make her win, but in the end, I think sausage will triumph.
1. Paul Jolley
Paul will go into stealth mode this week, then blam, he’s your next American Idol. The older female audience will crave for a guy to root for all season and since he’s the only viable one, he’ll literally cruise to the finals.
So what do you guys think? Will a girl still win this season or will traditional Idol voting patterns prevail? Is Angie Miller really going to win it all like everyone is predicting?
The Latest on American Idol 12
All posts on American Idol 12
Got Something to Add?
how ever the order, i'm still satisfy if lazaro, paul & jannel won't win this season, that's just enough for me :D
Your predictions are pretty spot on although I think you under estimate Lazaros appeal.(the studio reactiosn reaction when he came through those doors says it all) ....I think he is in it for the long haul....I wont be surprised if someone unexpected wins the whole thing either...........my dream first eviction is Curtis.....I really cant bear looking at his smug face every week....Amber will be first out! although singing order will play alot in how it all pans out too....
Amber (my favorite) could easily be the first girl to leave. However, she won't be leaving before at least all five (5) guys are gone. The order of elimination will have a lot to do with song choice. Candice is arguably the best singer and most experienced at this point, followed by Kree. I just can't see either of them winning this. Their body type (size) definitely works against them and neither are the next Adele. Janelle is a sweet girl and I'm happy she finally made the show, but one or two bad performances (as she's had recently) and she'll be gone. That leaves annoying Angie. She's clearly the one with the most overall talent, and if she can somehow develop some endearing qualities over the season she should win this going away.
Here's my prediction:
10. Curtis Finch - I had a feeling that on the first week, he'll be in danger because of his cheesiness. He's cheesy as hell so i guess he'll be home for that.
9. Amber Holcomb - By so many great female singers this year, we will forget about Amber. She has a beautiful voice. But not enough fan bases.
8. Burnell Taylor - I'm not sure he'll go far, he got so many supportive comments and feedbacks on Twitter. But as we're closer to the finish line, people might have just forgot him.
7. Lazaro Arbos - The weakest singer of all i think. Such a pub singer. People will still fall in love and 'pity' him with his disability. But that wont last longer, we will surely get bored of him. Pretty sure 7th.
6. Candice Glover - I can see her as a shocking elimination. People will ultimately shocked to see her go. Let us forget about the 'save' that the judges got every year (they don't use it wisely last year).
5. Devin Velez - Enough with the spanish thingy. TOP 5 is the best palce for Devin.
4. Janelle Arthur - Although the country votes are so strong. Janelle will be forgotten as the votes might be split between her and Paul. Janelle haven't showed America the real her yet.
3. Paul Jolley - As a country male singer who wants to be a male version of Taylor Swift, i believe he will get trouble as Kree and Angie has lots of fanbases than him.
2. Kree Harison - Both Angie and Kree are strong, but i believe Angie will win
1. Angie Miller
@deonoxivar lol at paul jolley gonna win Idol. Impossible!!!
10 Paul or Janelle
9 Janelle or Paul
8 Devin or Lazaro
7 Lazaeo or Devin
6 Burnell or Curtis (but either one he will be saved by the judges)
5 Candice (Sorry, judges save has been used)
3 Angie, Kree, or Amber (whoever performs the worst of these three)
2 Angie, Kree or Amber
1 Which means Burnell will be in the final against Angie or Kree or Amber
But the winner will be either Angie or Kree or Amber
10- Janelle- She just has not delivered a good performance since top 40. Even her victory song was meh. Kree and Paul should consume her country votes.
9- Devin Velez- I like the Spanglish, but if Karen Rodriguez was any indication, America does not. Adios amigo!
8- Angie Miller- Strangely, she's only good on the piano. Otherwise, not so much. Could go farther if she sings about her love for Jesus. I'm thinking they won't use the save on her either.
7- Lazaro Arbos- Agree with Rickey. This will be about the time when his back story can't carry him any further.
6. Burnell- What a distinct voice. He made Mariah cry. Nikki also loves him. Burnell will get the save. He's kind of cute. In the not sexy way. Has a 80's dorky thing going on.
5. Curtis- By this point, it won't matter how good he is, I think everyone will have had enough church.
4. Paul- At this point, poor Paul is going to start getting bussed heavily. They will need to get rid of him. They will do judges choice and then give him the worst song ever. Ryan will start gay innuendos. Whatever it takes. Girl must win. They can't risk him in the final 3.
3. Amber- And then we get to the diva-off. She's good. Prettier than Candice, younger, legs for days, seems to be able to do vocal runs effortlessly and has yet to deliver a bad performance. They will milk the diva showdown and make it seem like Candice will go home, but Candice has got this.
2. Kree- She's so lovely. She could win it. Once Paul is out, she will get a nice boost. But the finale is all about performing the finale song....
1. Candice- And when it comes to werking a song out, she can do it like no other. She will kick off her shoes and catch the holy spirit and Fantasia it home for the win. The girl that wasn't good enough for season 11 comes back for the win. Bravo! Never give up. A girl wins! Check. A black person wins. Lawsuit dismissed. And the credits roll.
i disagree. I don't think paul will win this season. he will get far, but im sure a girl will win. Kree doesn't seem like someone who will get a lot of votes, so I think the winner will be Angela Miller
SEASON 12 winner is...................... stay tune!
SEASON 13 winner is.......................stay tune!
SEASON 14 winner is......................stay tune!
SEASON 15 winner is .....................stay tune!
SEASON 16 winner is ......................lets see. American Idol..maybe finally RIP???
Maybe much earlier...... how many more seasons?????
interesting, i can see paul jolley winning, male vocalist with some good performance may do it for him, plus the hole country vote.. i dont see kree making it that far thou, shes good but i think she lacks charisma plus her look is so generic and boring, and i do agree about amber gettin low sopport but i think she will make at least 6
Paul Jolley for the win! I agree with Rickey's top 3! But please vote Curtis out ASAP! He is so annoying. Ugh! Although I like Angie Miller too. No Asian finalist this year?? :(
i only HOPE/WISH/ DESIRE/BEG to see Curtis finch JR out n the first week... good singer but hes so freaking annoying....
The pimping of Angie Miller both by producers and judges reminds me of Cassadee Pope so I wouldn't rule her out as potential winner. Kree seems to have a lot of support among viewers and will hopefully make it far.
Devin, I think, is first to leave. He just doesn't have the looks to get the Frauen vote.
I expect some surprises in this line-up and still believe the Final two will be two girls with Paul coming in 3rd place. Hoping to see some outstanding performances, especially if they go with a Woodstock 1969 Theme.
Here is what I *want*:
10) Janelle Arthur
9) Curtis Finch, Jr.
7) Angie Miller
6/5/4) Amber Holcomb /Devin Velez/Paul Jolley
3) Candice Glover
2) Burnell Taylor
1) Kree Harrison
I'm thinking this:
Disclaimer: This is Preliminary & I am in a bubble so - just throwing that out there.
10) Devin Velez
9) Janelle Arthur
8) Paul Jolley
7) Curtis Finch, Jr.
6) Amber Holcomb - I think she will be the product of a judges' save fairly early 7-9, then go around here
4) Burnell Taylor
3) Kree Harrison - I think she'll be the surprise elim, perhaps even going 4-5
2) Angie Miller
1) Candice Glover - Possibly saved around the judges in the middle?
I agree that Amber will probably be first out.
...and that's about it! Haha. I have to wait until first week to really be firmed about my thoughts, though.
@darahmude NEVER SAY NEVER ;) Lazaro has a huge following.....Paul is the huge darkhorse and jannell is country....need I say more :)
@Mathieu R in an ideal world this should be the outcome
@Mathieu R I like your elaboration, but I really can't fathom Candice winning, Amber lasting that long, or (unfortunately) Janelle being first to go.
@Klope62 i like your list also,, but i would want devin to end up number 2,, and move the rest down one...but janelle needs to go first..
@Klope62 I like this list a lot. Actually better than mine. Only thing I would do would be to swap Angie with either Devin or Paul.
I don't see any of these coming true. Candice has as much chance as Lazaro of winning. If Devin goes in the 10 position, then this really cannot be considered anything related to a singing competion.
@Trey_ ...No way on earth Candice will win and I definitely think Devin will last a few weeks.
@Mikhail XO I agree. Let's vote for Paul Jolley to the end to make "Uncle Nigel" completely unhappy. It's worth it!!!! Besides he's not bad looking at all. Some eye candy (relative to the other 4 boys - I mean men). And let's get rid of Curtis the first week. HE IS SO ANNOYING!!!! Let's do it Rickey!!! And Mikhail - you have the power too :) and the influence.
@Mathieu R Otherwise, legit!
@SammyIAM Not too sure about that. She had a ~moment when she performed her own song but might have peaked too early.
@Mikhail XO @djfabian I think if people rewatch the results take note of the audience reaction when Lazaro came through the doors....while i know hes not the best singer of the group.....he always makes you sit up and take notice when he performs.....and his style is totally relevant when you look at the chart success of artists like Rod Stewart and Buble
@Klope62 @Mathieu R I see what you're saying. I think it will be a Kree/Candice finale. Like the Archuleta/Cooke finale, Kree will be the favorite but Candice will kind of just out perform her. So I see Candice winning, not because she is the favorite, but because she'll be able to muster more "oomph" on the finale song. Kree, for all her loveliness, is a bit unexciting at times.
I predict Amber will surprise everyone and Syesha Mercado/Vonzelle Solomon her way into the top three just through the sheer fact of not ever delivering a bad vocal. Girl can sing. If she somehow manages to sound worse than the rest of the field early on, then yeah, she will be toast.
You are probably right about Janelle though (unfortunately). LOL.